Get the Best Skin-Care Routine for Acne-Prone Skin
Stubborn acne and oily skin often drive us crazy, doesn't it? Breakouts make us reach for anything that would help make our skin clear. Excess sebum and dead skin cells can clog pores and trap bacteria inside. This leads to the development of acne. It can show up as whiteheads, blackheads, and pimples. One must keep up with a few routine habits to keep the sebum at bay.
- Keep your face clean- Whether or not you have acne, it's important to wash your face twice daily to remove impurities, dead skin cells, and extra oil from your skin's surface. Use warm, not hot, water and a mild facial cleanser. Using harsh soap can hurt already inflamed skin and cause more irritation.
- Moisturize- Many acne products contain ingredients that dry the skin, so always use a moisturizer that minimizes dryness and skin peeling. Look for "noncomedogenic" on the label, which means it should not cause breakouts. There are moisturizers made for oily, dry, or combination skin.
- Use makeup sparingly- During a breakout, avoid wearing foundation, powder, or blush. If you do wear makeup, wash it off at the end of the day. If possible, choose oil-free cosmetics without added dyes and chemicals. Choose makeup that is labeled as "non-comedogenic" meaning it should not cause acne. Read the ingredients list on the product label before buying.
- Watch what you put on your hair- Avoid using fragrances, oils, pomades, or gels on your hair. If they get on your face, they can block your skin's pores and irritate your skin. Use a gentle shampoo and conditioner. Oily hair can add to the oil on your face, so wash your hair often, especially if you're breaking out. Keep your hair pulled away from your face.
- Lifestyle- A healthy and balanced diet is a huge factor that promotes good skin and overall wellness. Add more fruits, vegetables and whole grains into your diet. Dairy products and food high in processed sugar may trigger acne and you’ll feel a lot better on the inside too! Choose lean proteins like chicken, fish, lean meat, beans, and eggs. Avoid foods that are high in cholesterol, trans fats, saturated fats, salt, and sugar. Stress is a huge contributor to breakouts! When you stress, you release cortisol into your body, which is the stress hormone that comes from your adrenal gland. It acts as an oil producer in its function to help deal with stress, but can also produce pimples and acne.
Maintaining a skin care routine for healthy glowing skin is key. Therefore here a few products that we at Kalii Naturals offer to achieve that supple and acne free skin :-
This super organic face cleansing soap cleans your face without drying your skin. Perfect for normal to oily and acne prone skin and contains a gentle citric scent. The main ingredients of this wonder bar include:-
Bamboo Charcoal: Super absorbent mineral used for detoxification and improves the skin texture.
Neem Oil: Contains analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce redness, swelling and pain associated with acne. Its fatty acids moisturize and nourish the skin, while its antibacterial properties can fight the outbreak.
Bentonite Clay is a mineral-rich super-absorbent clay that has been used for centuries to detoxify the skin and body. It’s also anti-inflammatory, making it especially soothing on the skin.
Wheat Germ Oil is rich in vitamins A, B, E and D, antioxidants and fatty acids. All these are efficient to help reduce skin damage, fight free radicals, support healthy collagen formation and even maintain skin tone.
This is a gentle, rose scented scrub enriched with Minerals, Pink Himalayan Salt, Shea Butter & Almond Milk that will soften and rejuvenate your skin, leaving it nourished and silky. The key ingredients of this scrub include:-
Coconut Oil: Rich in vitamin K and E, which helps to reduce dandruff, and make hair follicles healthy. It is a great natural moisturizer which gives the soap its cleansing properties and makes a rich creamy lather.